Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 7:03:58 PM EDT
Would like to put either a 20'' E3 or 24'' from M & A Parts on a rockriver lower. Anyone have any expierence with a 24'' at 200 plus yards. Does the extra 4'' make a difference in accuracy .
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you planning on getting a bull bbl 20 or 24 or just an Hbar? It is my understanding that accuracyt isn't so much the question but more the velocity...your bullets will still have a bit more head of steam at the greater ranges with the longer bbl. You can have a shorter bbl say 16" and still have great accuracy....you just won't have the power behind the bullet. On the other hand a 24" HABR with bayo lug and f/s....to me....looks silly....a little disportionate. I hope I spelled that right...we used to have a spell check here....grrr
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Just put a 24" M&A Hbar upper on.  Took it to the range to sight it in at 150 meters.  Cannot verify any more accurate, as do not have a scope on it yet.   The heft is better to me, is a little disproportionate as Colt_sporter says until you get used to it.  One thing for sure, it is quieter than my 20" upper and a bit less recoil.  Hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrels don't get any more accurate as they get longer.  A lot of long range AR's wear barrels from 16-18 inches.  Longer barrels add a LITTLE more velocity.

If your longer barrel is smaller than your shorter one, IT will be less accurate.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Just found an upper from model 1 sales, standard hvy barrel (not bull,) 24'' A3 with alumium free float hand guard,gas block sight base.1:9 twist for $400.  the bull brl varmit run $480. The price for the same 24''A3 from M&A is the same. IM leaning towards the 24E3 satndard brl.Already have a 16'' dpms dissipator from CMMG on the way so I want to reach out and touch some one but I dont want the weight of the bull barrel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd get a 16 inch bull barrel

Seth
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
What are you going to be shooting with this bbl?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
We 'll be shooting paper targets at 100,200,and 300 yards .Hopefully various varmit hunting,coyote ,wood chuck....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top