Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 1:51:05 PM EDT
Granted its brand new and it still might be a little tight.  The rifle would short stroke and the rounds would hang up on the feed ramps.  But my carbine at the stuff without a hicup.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the rifle lightly lubed? Sometimes too much or too little lube makes them choke.
My 20" HBAR routinely (maybe 20%) choked on Wolf. It almost never locked back on an empty mag when shooting Wolf. The same rifle shot all of my reloads flawlessly,as well as all other factory ammo that I fed to it.
Search under the troubleshooting forum. You'll probably find info there about port pressure problems with Wolf in some 20" bbl rifles.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]
oh i know it's the ammo and everything had a light film of clp.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Who's barrel?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
supposidly it came from cav arms,  it's stamped CMV
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure the carrier key isnt loose.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same problem,NATO ran fine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Even though wolf isn't top rated ammo, I am a little disappointed if it doesn't run my rifles.  I have 20" SAM-R clone that can't shoot silver bear because I think the extractor strength is so strong, it rips the rims right off the case when trying to eject.  Either that or a tight chamber...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#9]
thank you sir.  It cycled the win q3131 just fine.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Wolf is very lightly loaded, i.e. underpowered. There's 2 ways to remedy this......
1) Open up the gas port.....

2) Go to a reduced power (RP) spring from Wolff.

ETA
Carbine length gas systems work at higher pressures than rifle length ones. The lack of pressure will be more noticeable on the rifles.

Some carbine manufacturers routinely oversize their ports to get more positive cycling. When fitted to a M16 lower, these tend to run like buzz guns...... If you load Q3131A (or the HOT Malaysian surplus) and Wolff, you'll see a difference in cyclic rate.

Simon
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top