Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:28:49 PM EDT
I just bought my first AR, a RRA varmint. I use it from a bench i built on my deck fo the most part. Im having a problem with the 30 rd mags hiting the tabletop in my normal shooting position. I figured id just grab some 20 rd mags, but i can't find any black teflon coated ones anywhere. Do they even exist? I hate the look of a grey mag in a black rifle.

If they dont exist, what about buying some used ones and having them stripped and annodized with a dusted finish? Is the lubricity of the teflon really neccessary to good functioning?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:16:34 PM EDT
DSG has them for $13.50 ea and $15.95 at CMMG

Jim
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:11:29 PM EDT
Haha, thank you, i must really suck at google, ive been searching for those for 2 days.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:45:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jkr266:
I just bought my first AR, a RRA varmint. I use it from a bench i built on my deck fo the most part. Im having a problem with the 30 rd mags hiting the tabletop in my normal shooting position. I figured id just grab some 20 rd mags, but i can't find any black teflon coated ones anywhere. Do they even exist? I hate the look of a grey mag in a black rifle.

If they dont exist, what about buying some used ones and having them stripped and annodized with a dusted finish? Is the lubricity of the teflon really neccessary to good functioning?

No, not at all.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:03:45 AM EDT
Here they are from DSG arms

and DPMS
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:12:18 PM EDT
I purchased 10 of the black teflon curved 20s from DSG. They were on sale for around $11.50/per. They're no better or worse than any other USGI 20 in my inventory. FWIW, the cartridge OAL is a bit more restricted in these mags. But so far all factory loads I've tried fit, however snug.

I ran the snot out of all 10 mags a couple weeks ago, no complaints. But I wouldn't pay more for the teflon.

Sam
Top Top