Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/3/2002 8:39:45 PM EDT
Anybody know about these? Are they any good?

http://rguns.net/access/10.21.gmf.lr.04.JPG
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#1]
we have them in stock(RGUNS). this is how you got the picture. the 20rd green followers are mfg with the same GI green milspec specs. R GUNS OUT
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
What do they do that black plastic or metal won't? I don't see any anti tilt features.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
RGUNS? What are the special features of these followers? They look just like black plastic to me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#4]
OK then... Anyone? Just a cheap marketing ploy? Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
OK- I'm not trying to discredit anyone or any product.  I saw this post and was thinking about it.  Look at the design of the magazine that the AR-15/M-16 was designed for (20 rounds).  It is angle cut at the bottom.  It seems as though this design would inherently provide more tension, or push, to the front of the cartridge preventing or helping to prevent the round from jamming into the front of the mag and causing a FTF as the spring is naturally more compressed at the front of the mag.  When the 30 rounder was designed after the fact it almost appears the mag body tries to emulate this effect with the bend to the front.  The longer "tang" on the 30 round green follower only re-inforces the "anti-submarining" feature.  That being said, if my hunch is correct it, these 20 round green folowers should prove to be solving a non-existent problem with no real solution as the front tang in that picture does not appear to be any longer than the already very thick alloy followers.  I have not seen the black plastic followers in the twenty's- all mine are alloy so that might make a difference.  Maybe Troy and Kevin have some thoughts as well.  Regards, GoGo.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok I'll be the one to ask the stupid Question.
[:D]
Can you get replacement alloy 20rd followers?

If your alloy 20rd follower is corroded or
dinged up , would these green ones make a
good replacement?

OOPS , that was 2 stupid questions , sorry.
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The only source for alloy followers is old magazines, or folks who have foolishly removed their functional alloy followers to replace them with cut down 30 round green followers. As I say above, the green followers offered here look the same as black plastic 20 round followers (to me anyway). I'm sure they work. I just don't see any reason to change out functional black plastic for the same thing in a different color.

Looks like pure marketing, but I was willing to ask if there was something I'm missing.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top