Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2004 4:29:41 PM EDT
Ok so at the second to the last crossroads show that hit PHX I bought 2 20 rounds mags from one of the venders. Because of the way they (the show hosts) banned your weapon I couldn't check the fit of the mags. So fast forward to a week or to ago. I go out shooting and take the 20 rnd mags out for a test spin. I load up, slap it home, and attempt to pull the charging handle back. . F@&$ !!!! It won;t budge. I finally after about 10 min. of cussinghe
Thanks

P.S. How do I get my sig line back?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok so at the second to the last crossroads show that hit PHX I bought 2 20 rounds mags from one of the venders. Because of the way they (the show hosts) banned your weapon I couldn't check the fit of the mags. So fast forward to a week or to ago. I go out shooting and take the 20 rnd mags out for a test spin. I load up, slap it home, and attempt to pull the charging handle back. . F@&$ !!!! It won;t budge. I finally after about 10 min. of cussing and pulling got the mag out of my bushy. What's the deal with the mag seated up too far? What do I need to do to these mags so they work? I looked for markings as to who made them and there are none. They are green followers, mag ears aren't bent. How do I fix the problem? And who made these anyway? I know I should have looked before I bought but I am new to purchasing AR mags. Anyone got a line on 20 rnd mag IM me.

Thanks

P.S. How do I get my sig line back?

Could the top half of the mag be squished in somehow?  Does it load up and hold the rounds ok?

Compare the top width to a 30 round mag and see if there is a noticable difference.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
What kind of Lower receiver to you have?  Is this your first mag purchase or do you have other mags that work fine?

It almost sounds like you have one of those wonderful Olympic Arms rifles.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are green followers, mag ears aren't bent. How do I fix the problem? And who made these anyway? I know I should have looked before I bought but I am new to purchasing AR mags. Anyone got a line on 20 rnd mag IM me.

Thanks

FWIW, real USGI 20 round magazines DO NOT have green followers in them, they have alloy followers. While anal retentive folks replace the alloy followers with "greenies", in most cases, unless done properly, NUTHIN is more reliable than the original follower.

As you found no indication of the maker (which should be written on the bottom floorplate) I'm guessing you bought "franken-mags" something gunshow dealers foist on unsuspecting buyers.

Make certain to check out the MAG Faq tacked to the top of this forum, so you'll know what to be avoid next time......

Mike
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What kind of Lower receiver to you have?  Is this your first mag purchase or do you have other mags that work fine?

It almost sounds like you have one of those wonderfulhr

I've got a bushy lower and upper, so I don't think it's that. Thanks for the advise. Does anyone have a line on good 20 rnd mags. The shop down the street has a copy colt mags, what's a fair price for those?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I just put a magnet to them and sure enough 'click' it sticks. Damn, guess I'll have to find another couple 20 rnd mags. Thnks for the help. Not to highjack this thread, but how do you get your sig line to work I used to have one until the site was updated and now I don't. If anyone can halp please IM me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Your best bet would be to take a picture of the problem magazine and post it here so the mag mavens can look at it. Sounds like you got a POS aftermarket mag.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top