Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 5/21/2003 4:21:39 PM EST
Normally, I would just chuck a damaged mag but since I'm in Communist California, I can't simply replace it with a new one. So here's my dilemma.

I have a otherwise, perfectly good 20 round AR mag but floorplate retainer thing (the thin piece of sheet metal that's riveted to the front of the magazine body) has become bent so the floorplate doesn't lock into place quite right. It's about a 1/8" from where it should be.

Is there any way to fix it? I tried bending it back but it doesn't want to stay. Is there a way to remove that front liner and then re-rivet it back on? Or better yet, can I just buy a replacement mag body?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:20:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:38:14 PM EST
I have thought of that but I have seen a 20 round mag where someone removed the spring and there were two holes in the front of the magazine...isn't it possible that a round could get caught up in those holes? Also, other than Bushmaster and DPMS, is there anyone else that sells just floorplates? Is it possible to get a USGI one from someone? I have a some OKay mags that I have beaten floorplates...I just like to keep it "the same" if possible...thanks!
Top Top