Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:17:56 AM EDT
You may or may not have seen pictures of my ban-free build, but I got to take it out again this morning, and here's a target I saved from 200 yds.

I was shooting cheap-o Federal rounds and using my EoTech off a bench (the only way this range allowed). One thing I've learned, is I'm due for a new contacts prescription, it took me a minute each time I lined up to get the dot and target in focus. 5-shot group is a little over 3".

Just had to share!!!  

rvb

Here's the rifle:
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice shootin' brotha!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
WTG. Shows you that 16" barrels are more than effective at longer distances. Out of curiosity, is your barrel free floated or is that just a normal handguard?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude!  1.5MOA with AE223... and a red-dot sight?

Thats friggin awesome.  I am happy with 3MOA!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WTG. Shows you that 16" barrels are more than effective at longer distances. Out of curiosity, is your barrel free floated or is that just a normal handguard?

regular handguards (Bushmaster's M4-profile HGs).

rvb
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dude!  1.5MOA with AE223... and a red-dot sight?

Thats friggin awesome.  I am happy with 3MOA!

Good shooting with the setup.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, you're basically shooting as good as the rifle will shoot. Time to buy a target gun
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Good shootin'
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Damn, you're basically shooting as good as the rifle will shoot. Time to buy a target gun

Yea, when I have the $ (or as I have $ for parts), I'd like to build a target gun... Of course, I don't know if I should build a CMP gun, or an all-out NRA gun, or start w/ a lower that'll work with both and build 2 uppers...  oh, soooo many choices. Here I am w/ only 350 rounds through a brand new rifle, and I'm talking about building 2 more.... hahahah.

This rifle will mainly see duty in 3-gun fun, I just wanted to see what it was capable of. Now I know.

rvb
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Well that looks like pretty good shooting to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Effective may not be the best choice for description.  200 yards is beyond the effective fragmentation range for a 16" barrel, even using 77 grain NATO loads.

Nevertheless, that is some good shooting.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top