Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2003 6:09:42 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying my first AR-15. I'll be using this for USPSA, 3 gun, and some varmint shooting.
I think I've narrowed it down to a Bushmaster V-Match 20" with a mini Y-comp and a Bushnell 3200 2x7 power scope. What is your opinions on this? Is the trigger going to be ok in the stock Bushmaster or should I spend some more $ and have a gun built by Benny Hill or some other custom gunsmith? What is your opinion on the Bushmaster V-Match with the Y-comp? I can get one for $845 out the door. There is just too many options out there for the new AR buyer to choose from, starting to make my head spin!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
sims5...
Normaly, I would say that the Bushy would be a good choice...[b]However[/b], the fellas out at [url=www.tdiohio.com]TDI[/url] have been seeing quite a few problems with them this year. I don't know what that's attributed to, but something must be running amuk at the factory. I'll tell ya what, I just picked myself up anice little RRA M4. It's a slick little piece, and the trigger is butter smooth. The smoothest I've ever felt on a stock gun. The reliability has been excellent so far. 1000 rounds, and not a single stoppage. Give them a look...[url=www.rockriverarms.com]Rock River Arms[/url]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushy's are great guns but tend to be expensive. I have an Olympic setup like the V-Match and it is great.  But it really has to be what you like.  On the second issue the Mini-Y could rank up their with the morst thing to mount on the end of a gun.  It is so f*%@ing loud each time you pull the trigger is will make you say what the hell was I thinking when I bought this thing.  Oh that is if the guy next to you  dosen't decide to kick the shit out of you.  [BD]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster makes a great rifle. And stands behind it.

I don't think you could make a mistake dealing with them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
B U S H M A S T E R.

Excellent quality and Excellent service (if, if you ever need service).

Stay away from ALL muzzle brakes.  Muzzle brakes make the rifle very unpleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought an RRA, and love it!!  The FFL i bought from tells me they have some of the best customer service in the business too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the opinions.  I've looked at RRA and haven't found a 20" flat top without a bull barrel.
I'll keep looking.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:11:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Bushmaster was my first AR and I will buy from them again.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
B U S H M A S T E R.

Excellent quality and Excellent service (if, if you ever need service).

Stay away from ALL muzzle brakes.  Muzzle brakes make the rifle very unpleasant to shoot.
View Quote

-------

I have absolutely no issue with my M-4 type equipped mini Y compensated Bushmaster.

I like the fact that I don't have to baby the crown of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Will most comps such as the Y-comp fit the Rock River Arms stainless bull barrel?
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the opinions.  I've looked at RRA and haven't found a 20" flat top without a bull barrel.
I'll keep looking.
View Quote

You're not looking hard enough. They make them...[url=http://www.rockriverarms.com/standard_a4.htm]RRA A4[/url]. You won't be sorry. These guns are very nice.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Your right I wasn't looking hard enough. Thanks for the help.  I ordered a rifle today from TTi in VA.  Let you all know when I get it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top