Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 6:32:22 PM EDT
Seems everywhere I look, either they don't specify the fact that it's 1/7 (probably 1/9) or it's out of stock, or the obvious, it's only carbine length drilled.

16", threaded, chrome lined, A2 profile, midlength drilled, 1/7 twist 16" upper.

Too much to ask?

Who's got these in stock?  I want to get this rifle together for a shoot by the end of this week, but it's looking pretty bleak.  Will even resort to paying for some smith work to get it to the right 'config' if needed, but I need some place to at least start...

Thanks in advance,

E.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Possibly Colt makes one like this, but your choices for a chrome 1/7 is pretty much a clone of an M16A2/M16A4 upper or an M4 upper. Colt also made 20" chrome 1/7.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahh....is this a trick question? No? See group buys on this board. You have till the end of the week
to get your money up. Here, I'll make it easy for ya; ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=121&t=229035
Okay maybe there not exactly A2 profile, but they're NOT HBar.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ahh....is this a trick question? No? See group buys on this board. You have till the end of the week
to get your money up. Here, I'll make it easy for ya; ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=121&t=229035
Okay maybe there not exactly A2 profile, but they're NOT HBar.

Hmm, I thought the window on this one was long closed.

Get your money in fast.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Cripes.

Not that I'm not for a group buy, or the great deal that it is, but timeliness is kinda key here.

Is there ANY other choices out there for chrome lined 1/7, even in HBAR, so long as it's factory midlength? (not welded over and redrilled in another spot)

May even consider a 14.5"...

E.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cripes.

Not that I'm not for a group buy, or the great deal that it is, but timeliness is kinda key here.

Is there ANY other choices out there for chrome lined 1/7, even in HBAR, so long as it's factory midlength? (not welded over and redrilled in another spot)

May even consider a 14.5"...

E.

Not at this time. Short of buying a Colt HBAR, having it cut and the gas port relocated.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not at this time. Short of buying a Colt HBAR, having it cut and the gas port relocated.

Thanks for your continued help CJ.

So, wait, not counting the aforementioned group buy, am I misunderstanding that only Colt makes 1/7 right now? (and WOA in their SPR 18" barrel)

*grumble grumble*

I thought there was someone else out there making 14.5 and 16" 1/7 barrels, (wasn't sure abotu chrome though)

E.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of manufacturers make 1/7 or 1/8 barrels for bullets to 77gr, but only Colt, BM, CMMG, and LMT offer them with chrome lining. Only Colt offers something other than an M4 or 20" A2 on a regular basis. Bushmaster did a run of chrome mid length barrels once too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Really beginning to wonder if it's worth the effort for a midlength gas system...

So it's not the 1/7 that's hoofing me, or even the chrome lining, it's the midlength from what I can tell, since CMMG does have the 16" 1/7 Chrome CAR gas length barrel in stock....

I think I am finally beginning to understand.....  (I hope)

E.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Really beginning to wonder if it's worth the effort for a midlength gas system...

So it's not the 1/7 that's hoofing me, or even the chrome lining, it's the midlength from what I can tell, since CMMG does have the 16" 1/7 Chrome CAR gas length barrel in stock....

I think I am finally beginning to understand.....  (I hope)

E.

Yeah, mid length is a new thing, not everybody does it yet.

CMMG makes a 16" HBAR? I really ought to look at their website more often.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#10]
No, not Hbar

16" Chrome lined M4 profile (A2 with an M4 notch fore of FSB) with 1/7 twist

(second item on list)

If I might bother you one last time (thanks again for all the help)

Who else makes midlength besides Colt?  I've heard Armalite does?  (but not chrome lined?...and probably not 1/7, right?  LOL)

E.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Colt does not.

Armalite-chrome lined or stainless
Rock River Arms-chrome lined, stainless or chromoly

IIRC some of the parts kits companies do too, and I believe Cav Arms sells some. Some of the lesser known or niche manufacturers also too, IIRC.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top