Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 8:51:44 PM EDT
Will a 1/7 twist barrel not last as long as a 1/9 twist?

I have heard that the bullet can actually "skip" across the rifling near the throat for a little bit before it is fully "gripped" by the rifling, and that this causes increased throat wear.

I am especially concerned about wear and accuracy with hot-loaded 55-grain bullets out of a full length 20" barrel.

Also, has anyone had any problems with DPMS rifles or lower receivers?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Also, has anyone had any problems with DPMS rifles or lower receivers?
View Quote

The DPMS uppers I have and have shot from CMMG run better than anyother AR uppers I have or ever shot. I wouls say they are just as good as Colt. IMHO ofcourse
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My DPMS CMMG 1:7 Upper hicuped on the first two rounds (Failures to extract). Since then it has been 100% relaible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top