Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 11:11:56 AM EDT
Im looking for a 1/4 inch high riser for my AR, one that can co-witness my Eotech 511 and magnifier. Something other than the YHM which wont fit properly with my setup and other than the Larue mount. Do these exist?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:55:30 PM EDT
There are only 2 options for you.

You can get the RRA Dominator2 EOTech mount (but this comes with a fixed rear sight)

You can go with the LaRue (which is what I recommend)

for 120 bucks.

The LAST options is what you're looking for

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:59:43 PM EDT
hmm i guess Larue it is then even though its being able to barely see the top of the eotech vs 120 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:36:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:
hmm i guess Larue it is then even though its being able to barely see the top of the eotech vs 120 bucks.

Unfortunatly the EOTech was designed kind of interestingly, for an absolute co-witness, so getting a difference of 1/4 inch is not so easy.

Im sure you could find a knockoff mount, but then you dont know if your sight will fly off or not...

Just curious, but is it the magnifier that is too high? or something else blocking it?

Im pretty sure you can find a lower flip-to-side magnifier mount that will co-witness with a stock EOTech

LaRue has the "Standard" and "low" flip-to-side magnifiers, so im sure other companies have EOTech specific magnifier mounts for an absolute co-witness
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:23:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By F22_RaptoR:

Unfortunatly the EOTech was designed kind of interestingly, for an absolute co-witness, so getting a difference of 1/4 inch is not so easy.

Im sure you could find a knockoff mount, but then you dont know if your sight will fly off or not...

Just curious, but is it the magnifier that is too high? or something else blocking it?

Im pretty sure you can find a lower flip-to-side magnifier mount that will co-witness with a stock EOTech

LaRue has the "Standard" and "low" flip-to-side magnifiers, so im sure other companies have EOTech specific magnifier mounts for an absolute co-witness

Yes the Mag is too high, i use the FTS mount that it comes with. Problem is, is that i use a 511 and i noticed some of the higher up models kind of have a built in riser on them. The 511 does not and i dont want to get rid of the 511 just because of that anyway. But im wondering how much lower is the Larue compared to the Eotech one?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 1:58:15 PM EDT by F22_RaptoR]
Originally Posted By F22_RaptoR:

Yes the Mag is too high, i use the FTS mount that it comes with. Problem is, is that i use a 511 and i noticed some of the higher up models kind of have a built in riser on them. The 511 does not and i dont want to get rid of the 511 just because of that anyway. But im wondering how much lower is the Larue compared to the Eotech one?

The "higher end" EOTech's are designed to be a lower 3rd co-witness, rather than absolute co-witness... with lower 3rd, the IRON sights optical axis is in the lower 3rd porton of the EOTech's "screen", with absolute, the iron sights optical axis is right in the middle of the screen. This is better for flip up sights, since you dont need to adjust your cheek weild when switching from irons to optic.

If you use the LaRue Tactical EOTech riser, it will put the EOTech from Absolute co-witness, to lower 3rd co-witness, so in theory it should be pretty much identicle in height to the 553/556 EOTech's with the lower 3rd co-witness.

ETA

If you meant the flip-to-side mounts, LaRue has one specifically made for the EOTech (i forgot about it)

If you sell the flip-to-side mount on the EE, you should be able to make back most of your money on it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:49:41 PM EDT
so basically the Larue FTS is slightly lower than the FTS mount the eotech comes with right? That looks about right in the picture and sounds like a great idea, thanks a ton
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:02:26 PM EDT
so basically the Larue FTS is slightly lower than the FTS mount the eotech comes with right? That looks about right in the picture and sounds like a great idea, thanks a ton

Yeah, it sounds like the EOTech flip-to-side mounts are designed for the new ones (with lower 3rd co-witness) but the LaRue EOTech FTS magnifier mount is designed for the original style EOTech's.

If you want to be 100% sure that its lined up for the 511, just give the folks at LaRue Tactical an email, they have great customer service

Glad I could help ya out
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:50:57 PM EDT
well according to the pictures, its 100 percent and the one in the picture itself looks like a 511. Im going to try and find a trade or sell the base to get the Larue.....if i can even find one
Top Top