Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:09:36 PM EDT
I am thinking of building a SPRish (sorta) 18'' flattop. I am looking for a A1 or A2 upper for my carbine (decided I don't want optics). Plan on building a iron-sightless scoped hunting/varmit gun out of the flat-top receiver I'll have spare.

Plan on using my A3 RRA upper, and my A2 stock. But anyways. What gas system does the RRA 18'' varmiter barrel use? Anyone sell a good SS HBAR in 1/7 twist? I'd love to have something like that so I can shoot 77 grain bullets for deer hunting.

BTW if you know of anyone selling a A1 or A2 upper let me know.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:28:52 PM EDT
I think the RRA 18" barrel uses a midlength gas system. That's what it looks like from the pictures anyway.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:26:07 PM EDT
It is definetly long than the standard carbine system. I wanted to make sure before I purchase anything. 18'' seems like a good choice for what I am doing. So I should try to build around that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:22:35 AM EDT
My 18" from WOA has a full length gas tube.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:17:10 AM EDT
I guess I'll have to call ADCO and find out for sure before I order one. I'd rather it be a full length. So I will have more options for free float rails. I may just go with the RRA quad free float rail.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:30:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:07:11 PM EDT
I just (earlier today) ordered a custom Kreiger 18" SS 1/7 MIDLENGTH match grade barrel from John @ WOP. In 8 to 10 weeks I'll let you know how it shoots.
Top Top