Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 8:44:11 AM EDT
Cost is the same, I'm wondering how much heavier the fluted HBar is compared to the M4.  Anyone have any experience with both or have a preference?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
fluted get the M4
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the fluted barrel; I don't see any benefit in the M4 profile barrel unless you plan to install an M203 in the near future. I have an HBAR on my AR and I plan to have the barrel fluted soon. If you want to save weight, get a 1/7 "Pencil" barrel which works great with 55 grain "Wally-World" ammo. (That's Winchester .223 Rem 40 round "Value Pack" for those of you in Rio Linda), but if you want to shoot heavier bullets, like 62 gr. M855 or 70 gr. Hornady TAP, then you are better off with a 1/8 HBAR.

But that's my opinion on the matter; I carry an M4 in the military and yet, I am not one of the "Colt Kool-Aid" drinkers; I don't follow the pack and i love to think outside of the box.

My rifle:

RRA CAR4 Tactical Upper
CMT Lower (engraved by Ted's Guns of Lakeland, FL)
Magpul M93B Stock
Tango Down Battlegrip
Troy MFR-C with Magpul XT Covers
Harris 6-9 Swivel Stock with YHM Adapter
YHM Rear Flip Up Sight
KAC Vertical Foregrip

Not a single Colt part in it (not even the magazines)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top