Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:33:04 AM EDT
Who makes them?

Does cmmg still sells their 16" midlength gov't profile barrels? the one with the wrong gasport hole placing?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Who makes them?

Does cmmg still sells their 16" midlength gov't profile barrels? the one with the wrong gasport hole placing?

Well... According to their website, yes, they still sell them.

That took approx 30 seconds to find btw.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who makes them?

think you are referring to the giffman group buy bbl., think the only people that are selling them are the ones that got bad ones.

if you are just looking for a basic govt under handguard bbl. then i rec getting a rra from adcofirearms and have them turn it down under the handguards.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a 16" Midlength Sabre barrel from Talon Arms in the configuration that you want. Looks great & light weight. The problem with the Giffman barrels was a 1/8" gap between the FSB & handguard cap. Mine came with two HG caps to make up the difference with standard HG's. If you freefloat it with a DD, Larue, Troy, Samson, MI etc.. then you would have 1/8" of gas tube showing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Bravo company is making them now. They are not yet available but should be in a month or two. Check out their webpage, or there is a thread on here sompelace.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bravo company is making them now. They are not yet available but should be in a month or two. Check out their webpage, or there is a thread on here sompelace.

this is what im waiting or
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#6]
When oh when are the manufacturers going to dump the silly Government profile and make a proper lightweught midlength barrel?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When oh when are the manufacturers going to dump the silly Government profile and make a proper lightweught midlength barrel?

+1

If midlength pencil barrels were readily available I'd buy one TODAY
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
And I will be standing by for my second middy!

BTW:  I like my Sabre from Talon Arms.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

If midlength pencil barrels were readily available I'd buy one TODAY

www.AR15Barrels.com?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]
These are quite nice:

Saber Defence mid-length

I am more than pleased with mine.  First range trip suggests suprisingly accurate chrome-lined barrel.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
These are quite nice:

Saber Defence mid-length

I am more than pleased with mine.  First range trip suggests suprisingly accurate chrome-lined barrel.

Yes, I got two of these Sabres. Now I have to wait while my gunsmith mills the thick front part of the barrel in front of the front sight base down to .600"; then I will have a true lightweight barrel.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
CMMG makes some good ones. i  have one on my build it's accurate and light has the 1/7 twist chrome lined and is harder than most chrome barrels. i think it's 4150??? any way i think that the buzz was that they used to suck but that was when they got their barrels from DPMS now they have their own propriety brand. i think Shaw makes them?? i love mine and they had great customer service!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm satisfied with my Sabre. The problem with going to a pencil barrel is that I'll bet you that whoever makes one will use that silly step up and step down profile so they can use a standard FSB, instead of making a real deal pencil all the way middy. Of course, Bushmaster could do one, but it will probably take a few years for them to see the light and even then they'll probably still insist on 1/9 twist.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#15]
i checked on sabre but i think it was the difference in price ans twist rate that made me go with CMMG??
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Sabre has both 1/9 and 1/7 twists on their mid lengths.

What price did you pay for the CMMG?

ETA:  Looks like the CMMG is $25 cheaper than the Sabre.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a brand new mid length pencil profile barrel FS in the EE. JC
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Hell yeah!  

0.625" for the length of the bbl. in both 16 inch and 20 inch lengths.  

Edited to add... mil spec only... 4150 steel or vanadium, chrome lined, etc.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#19]
+1000 to 16" pencil barrel with .625 sight base.  

20" pencil with .625 would be nice too, but I would have to make that next years Christmas $$$

Is anyone open to trying to get a group buy up for:

16" Midlength
Chrome lined bore and chamber
1:7 twist (or 1:8) out of 4150 steel
.625 gas block
Raised front sight post
pencil profile both in front and aft of the sight base
threaded and non AWB compliant bayonet lug

I personally dont want the raised lip the front handguard cap sits in front of, but thats a personal deal (for freefloating forend)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is correct and they WILL BE the best 16" MIddy on block! I will also be running a group buy on them.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Any aprox. idea when this group buy is going to happen I've been waiting on these every since bravo first announced them..........I hate to miss the group buy I've already got 2 complete lowers
waiting.......
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#21]
A little extra barrel in front of the FSB isn't enough to bother me, so the next upper I build is probably going to be a BCM middy barrel with an A1 upper.        
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top