Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/22/2004 12:12:33 PM EST
I've got a bushmaster lower just sitting around and I'd really like to put a short, heavy barrel upper on it. While economy is a factor I'm interested in the "most accurate" I can get my hands on. Got any ideas? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:22:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By Skicat:
I've got a bushmaster lower just sitting around and I'd really like to put a short, heavy barrel upper on it. While economy is a factor I'm interested in the "most accurate" I can get my hands on. Got any ideas? Thanks.

One, a heavy barrel does not guarantee accuracy and the definition of economy is relative. You really need to be more specific. The options range from $900+ for a real tack driver, depending on THAT definition (sub-MOA). Again, exactly what are you looking for and what is the budget?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:49:36 PM EST
Aslo, length doesn't necessarily equate to accuracy either. At least not at any practical range. The 18" is a good compromise betweent he 16" and 20". Persoanlly, I prefer the 16" barrel so that would be my recommendation.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:11:26 AM EST
I would like to keep my budget < $1000. I don't intend to make this a bench gun, just a highly accurate short barreled gun. I'd really like to know what manufacturers you guys like so I could look around a little. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:41:35 AM EST
You might want to look at the Olympic ML-2 upper with the SUM barrel. I have one and it is a tack driver, .25MOA and will do the job out to 300 yards or better depending on the target.
Top Top