Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:02:26 AM EDT
Ok here is the question that gets asked alot I guess...

I want a Carbine that is 16 inches w/o a muzzle break or flash hider.

I see there are 14.5 M-4 with a 1.5 flash and then a Car-15 is a 11 inch plus 5.5 flash hider.

Can anyone point me to a 16 inch barrel carbine kit? I was looking at www.mapartsinc.com and saw these that are ban complient but without a muzzle break so I am thinking they do make 16inch barrels for some. Some help for a newbie in building.

http://www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=135
It is a light weight? Didint know a M-4 weighed alot in my experiences.
Sorry for all the carzy questions that have been said a million times

Scott

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:15:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 4:31:24 AM EDT by eye_spy]
www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=135

Hot linked it for you.

I was trying to find out which dealer was offering a similar price, but so far the "usual suspects" were much higher in price.

Here is a link for Model 1 Sales for your reference.

I have checked Rock River Arms and Stag Arms, but they were double the price of MA.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:30:02 AM EDT
Thanks for the quick links. I am trying to find out if there is a heavy barrel Carbine that is 16 inches w/o a muzzle or flash hider. When I ad one it will be 17.5 inches so hmm maybe not a carbine any longer if I do that. Well still want to see if it can be done.

I am thinking of getting a STAG lower but the dealer here, the only one that is honest, (small town with alot of military) only has DPMS lowers. Might go with those. There is a store here who does have STAG but he is charging, for a stripped lower, 155.00. And thats before tax.

Any more help would help out alot.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:41:04 AM EDT
Busmaster 16 Inch Heavy Barrel.

CD
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:54:17 AM EDT
Ok next question A2 sights or not sights and have a rail. I have a reflex sight but I uselly shot with open sights. Basically I have never used a scope but alot of people do.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:30:59 AM EDT
Also twist rates I do have 77 grain bullets. Should I look at a 1/7 twist or 1/9 twist? Also would it be much of a differenece?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:50:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 8:53:53 AM EDT by NimmerMehr]
www.ammo-oracle.com

I think 77 grain is at limit of 1/9 twist, if not beyond.

edit: No offence, but to me personaly your wording of your sentences makes it hard to understand if your asking a question or making a statement.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:46:41 AM EDT
Sorry about the question issue.

Thank you for the info on the ammo and twist rate.

I will probally get a 1/9 twist rifle in a carbine capacity.

My major question is this will be a tactical rifle that I will practice with before my deployments to the desert and I know you cannot go wrong with any ar-15 for practice I just want suggestions on a plain-jane ar-15 with or w/o the handle and what I should add to it for any mods if needed. I have shot the A2 alot and have used the iron sights but I have figured out here that maybe adding one later might work as well and still have the rail to add other items.

I think I am more confused now than I was since I read everything everyone else is doing to their rifles and I go "that sounds good maybe I should do that". Information is a killer.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:50:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 10:51:24 AM EDT by NimmerMehr]

I just want suggestions on a plain-jane ar-15 with or w/o the handle and what I should add to it for any mods if needed. I have shot the A2 alot and have used the iron sights but I have figured out here that maybe adding one later might work as well and still have the rail to add other items.

You might ask that question in the deployed forum.
Top Top