AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:31:22 AM EDT
Do they require a welded muzzle device?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:43:01 AM EDT
[#1]
it's still not 16" so yes
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#2]
yes.  if ya dont have a short barreled rifle stamp you must be PERMENANTLY over 16".  so you must still have it welded or any of the other approved methods.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
....or a pistol build/lower
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

W/o a "tax Stamp" yes the muzzle device must be permanently welded, the point of the 14.7 was not to eliminate the need to permanently weld the MD, it was to allow the use of the std. FS to be perm. welded instead of an extended FS/MD.

/S2
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

W/o a "tax Stamp" yes the muzzle device must be permanently welded, the point of the 14.7 was not to eliminate the need to permanently weld the MD, it was to allow the use of the std. FS to be perm. welded instead of an extended FS/MD.

/S2

BINGO!  It more closely resembles the military issue 14.5" M4 with A2 flash hider.  It still has to be welded, but it looks more "authentic" to those who care.  

I've got 16" barrels with A2 flash hiders, and a 14.5" barrel with welded Phantom flash hider.  If I were to just have one, I'd go with the 16".  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I had some spare parts lying around and I built up a LMT upper with a Colt 16" shortened to 14.7" and had a A2 flash suppresor perm attached.  It came out pretty good I must say.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top