Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 7:22:11 PM EDT
I was wondering what I'd have to do to get a 14.5" or shorter barrel for my AR-15? I'm pretty new to the AR-15 community and the different gun laws toward AR's.
What would I have to do to have a legal SBR?
I live in TX by the way if that means anything.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=178305

Details here.

I got beat to the punch!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, buy could someone put that info "in a nutshell"?
All those big words and such are getting me all dizzy :p
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Fill out a Form 1, send it to ATF with $200, a bunch of fingerprint cards, a letter from a Chief LEO saying you aren't the boogeyman, a few headshots, then you wait. When it comes back, you put your name and state (as the NFA manufacturer) on the reciever and then you can put the short upper on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
K, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:07:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fill out a Form 1, send it to ATF with $200, a bunch of fingerprint cards, a letter from a Chief LEO saying you aren't the boogeyman, a few headshots, then you wait. When it comes back, you put your name and state (as the NFA manufacturer) on the reciever and then you can put the short upper on.

You don't get an actual "letter" from the CLEO, he just needs to sign the back of your 2 Form 1's (the Form 1's are submitted in duplicate). Attach your photos to both Form 1's, include 2 fingerprint cards and a certificate of citizenship. Send all of that along with a $200 check to ATF and wait. When you are approved, you will get one of the Form 1's back with a tax stamp on it and then you can make your SBR. Don't forget to engrave your name and city/state on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top