Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 2:37:14 AM EDT
This is probably a legal question? I want to get a 14.5" upper and I all ready have a Phantom Flashhider to make it legally 16". Can I just order the 14.5 and then silver solder the Phantom myself? Or how do you legally get a 14.5 upper, apply for an SBR? Does this take forever? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:42:25 AM EDT
If you have the barrel sent to an FFL, they can arrange to have the phantom permanently mounted. I don't believe you can personally take possession of the barrel until it is 16". That's my understanding anyway.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 3:44:48 AM EDT by labrat454]
You can order any barrel you want and have it shipped to you directly. The SBR can be done youself on a Form 1. Just get a new lower or use one you aready have and :

Fill out Form 1 (making/registing a firearm) www.titleii.com/
Fill out Citizenship form
get CLEO sign off on form 1
get finger printed
send in all forms to address on form 1 with $200
wait 3-4 months (or longer)
Once form 1 approved - order barrel or get previous ordered barrel that is stored off site away from your AR's and slap them together

Just as an FYI since the AWB is gone there is no weight limit on pistols now so you could also buy a stripped AR lower that has never had a stock on it and make a AR pistol out of it with a 7 or 10 or 11 etc inch barrel on it.

I am currently waiting on a pistol lower (should be here today) and I am also doing the SBR as above.

Top Top