Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/17/2008 9:11:46 PM EDT
If I have a stripped 14.5 barrel in my house, would that be illegal since I own other ar's?

Should I just have it sent to the builder to be tacked immediately?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
While not "readily able to convert" - it was be smartest to store it somewhere else or get it pinned.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
While not "readily able to convert" - it was be smartest to store it somewhere else or get it pinned.

+1
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

or just get another pistol lower or a lower and form 1 it as an SBR

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]
i was worried about keeping a 12.5'' barrel in the house, but luckily i got my Form 1 back and dont have to worry about it anymore
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The 'correct' answer here is that if you only have complete rifles, a spare barrel of any length isn't constructive possession. If you have a combination of parts where the maximum number of complete rifles can only be built by assembling one or more into an 'illegal' or NFA governed configuration, then you have constructive possession.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The 'correct' answer here is that if you only have complete rifles, a spare barrel of any length isn't constructive possession. If you have a combination of parts where the maximum number of complete rifles can only be built by assembling one or more into an 'illegal' or NFA governed configuration, then you have constructive possession.

Thank you.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If you have no "legal" use for it such as a registered M16, short barreled rifle or an AR pistol it would be best not to have it around.  Receive it and ship it out immediately to the "tacker".  It's extremely unlikely that anything bad would happen but don't tempt fate.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top