Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2003 12:18:36 AM EDT
anyone ever try any of this?

http://www.azweapons.com/FUNAMMOmain.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
At those prices, not likely.
Don't forget the $20 hazmat charge, too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
anyone ever try any of this?

[url]http://www.azweapons.com/FUNAMMOmain.html[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Show-off!

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet!  Imagine the looks you'd get at the range.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 3 of the Dragonsbreath rounds that I got for a gift.  Haven't fired any yet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#6]
This past weekend  I got to see all of them in action.

They all worked pretty well out of a standard Remmy 870.  The screamers always worked and sounded like a bottle rocket going off (without the boom at the end of its flight).

The dragon's breath was cool, but be aware that it is a major fire hazard!  It will catch stuff on fire, even if you are careful, and it sprays a lot!

The birdbombs also worked well, except my buddy had two not explode after being fired. Another safety tip: the little explosive M80 thing that is fired will bounce back at you if it hits a hard backstop.  I know, because my wonderful friend decided to shoot it at an upright picnic table.  I was not anywhere near it but let me just tell you it looked like this [grenade] minus him exploding.

I don't know if its legal or what, but he had them and shot a bunch of them all weekend.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Ouch to the $20.00 hazmat charge.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't know if its legal or what, but he had them and shot a bunch of them all weekend.
View Quote

What effects with the flechette?  I tried them at 25 yards and they were way off, or really spread out.  I need to check it out further.

As for the others, I haven't shot any..

Jerry

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Flechettes rock.  I know someone who opened up some standard 12 ga shells, poured out the shot, and put in flechettes.  

He said the ones he fired went through 4-6" trees.

He gave me a couple, and I peppered a sheet of 3/4" CDX plywood, plus had a couple go through trees (a couple were sticking out of the other side).

Thinking about picking some up at fun shows and making my own.

Too cool.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Those things TOTALLY SUCK and aren't worth the money.  Big Disappointment from my earlier days.  They are nothing like the pic, even in darkness!

The only fun 12 GA novelty ammo I ever tried was the Bird Bombs (the yellow ones, not the crappy ones from S&B)

But of course, they are banned now!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:34:37 AM EDT
[#11]
whats a birdbomb?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#12]
1/4 stick of dynamite stuffed up a pidgeon's ass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What effects with the flechette?  I tried them at 25 yards and they were way off, or really spread out.  I need to check it out further.

As for the others, I haven't shot any..

Jerry

View Quote

The flechettes do rock.  My buddy wanted to shoot in the direction of a tree to see what would happen.  One of the damn things went through that tree and kept on going.  This was an oak with a maybe 12" diameter.  We never did go further down to see where the round went.  After that it was shooting at various home ppliances such as TVs and an refridgerator.  I figure they would be effective at close range, but not at long ranges; slugs are better for that.  He was too worried after shooting that one shot that he decided to shoot into the his range's backstop with some old appliances as targets. Pretty cool stuff.  

The birdbomb fires an M-80 type device.  When fired the little explosive's fuse lights and it will explode when the fuse runs out.  I don't think the little explosive is the size of a real M-80, but I've never had a real M-80 anyway so I am not a good judge.  

Fun stuff though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
whats a birdbomb?
View Quote

It's an m-80 like explosive in a 12 ga shotgun shell.  The good ones fly a couple hundred yards and then BANGO!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top