Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2004 3:05:27 PM EST
I am in the process of building an upper that I bought on the EE and have a couple questions. I plan to use a Gemtech M4-96D can and an ACOG TA31 scope. At first I
was planning a 16" Colt HBAR bbl. With a can, the 16"
looks a bit long. I was contemplating the SBR rout and may go with a 11.5" bbl.

Is the 11.5 limited to CQB or can I get a decent group at 200M?

Will a TA31 with this bbl be like adding racing slicks to a mini van?

Any pics of a M496D with a 11.5" or 16" and any testimony
to its preformance on either barrel?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:17:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 3:19:53 PM EST by triburst1]
Get a Troy Industries reflex can. the reflex design telescopes backwards over the barrel and directs the gasses rearward. It only adds about 2.5" to the length of a rifle.

The shorty will group decently, but the ballistics suck. It basically turns the 5.56mm into a heavy .22 magnum.
If you get a short barrel, keep mid-heavy HPs in it for defensive use.

With the reflex cans you get the best of both worlds, the compactness of a suppressed shorty and the ballistics of of a 16" gun.

The Troy can will be my next major purchase.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:40:29 PM EST
That sounds like the way to go! I did a search on Troy Industries and didn't come up with much of anything other then there sights and slings. Any links or photos of this can on a 16"?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:45:20 PM EST
This is the best I could do:

troyind.com/suppressors.htm
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:39:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By timeless:
That sounds like the way to go! I did a search on Troy Industries and didn't come up with much of anything other then there sights and slings. Any links or photos of this can on a 16"?

these aren't on the rifle but they are the best that you will see of the kit. I believe pricing is in the 1k realm and well worth it from what I have heard.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:11:45 PM EST
Perfect- Thank you
Top Top