Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2014 11:32:21 PM EDT
I'm working on putting together a pistol build with a 10" (probably 10.3 Daniel Defense) barrel in 300 blackout.  Originally planned to do 5.56 and knew I'd be using a standard carbine buffer and spring.  Will that be the same for 300?  Anything else to be concerned about for ensuring reliable cycling?  It will be unsuppressed and firing supersonic ammo, if that matters.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
My 10" uses a standard buffer. Both subs (without a can, don't have one yet) and supers. Never had any issues at all.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  Use at least an H2.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Put a quality adjustable gas block on it and you can use any buffer you want. My 300 BO uses a standard buffer. When of if I get it stamped I hope to just be able to change buffers for different ammo Et. But I still have the ability to adjust gas block.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a spikes t2 in my 8.5".
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top