Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2005 3:46:29 AM EDT
Is $240.00 a good price for the 100 round drum.I saw it at my local gun shop and was flabbergasted when I saw how much it cost.Needless to say I DID NOT buy it but did want to.For that price I could by another pistol or rifle.Anyone know what the going price on those are.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
That is the going price. Looked at acouple different sites all about that price with all the assories.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
if its a beta c mag and comes with all the tools and book and pouch i would consider buying it.

better than waiting for one to come in the mail...

i bought mine new for $250 online at CMMG right after the ban lifted...

it was worth every penny to me...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea it comes with all the stuff you mentioned.Its good to know that my local gun shop is actually selling there stuff at uninflated prices.Thanks guys for your input.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
They were $500+ just a year or two ago....

Thankfully that stupid law sunset!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
If you getone, just remember it is nothing but a novelty
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They were $500+ just a year or two ago....

Thankfully that stupid law sunset!

$500+ Jesus #%*&#@$ Christ I guess I should not complain.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Are you saying they are just for kicks or useless.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Just for kicks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you saying they are just for kicks or useless.

Every once in a while some new assclown in the military gets a few of them on an IMPAC card and writes some test review specs for them, and they always fail.  Usually right after someone drops a full one onto the deck and it splits like an egg dropped from the top of the Empire State building.  Not to mention that there's been no change in the mags since their original production, and there is plenty of access to earlier test results.  More tax $$ down the drain.

There's a reason why our guys trust their lives to 30 round welded pieces of aluminum and not Beta mags.  The simple machine always wins any fair contest.

$240 is the going street price.  I have 2!  

YMMV.

Tom  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#10]
note that drum mags for the 1921 tommy guns were not adopted for the military.

the army went with stick mags also
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top