Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/19/2004 8:52:35 AM EST
A while back I saved a post about a guy that took a 0% forging and machined it to take Sten mags without any blocks/spacers etc. The search function only goes back 30 days so thats out. I have some questions for this guy and like a moron, I didnt save his screen name or info. Who did it? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

(in the right forum now)
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:02:34 PM EST
I made that lower.... you might send me an e-mail or an IM. I haven't been on here much lately other than looking at AK type stuff for an AMD-65 project so e-mail might be the way to go.

I made my ejector and feedramp from scratch without anything in hand to copy from. I saw that somebody is making an 80% forging for UZI mags that was on Ebay. I thought about doing something like that, but I have too many other things going on.

If you had a mag block already you could take the feedramp-ejector then position them right in the forging then cut the opening for the mag well. Drill a couple of holes to pin them in and that's basically the only difference between making one for a 223 setup or a pistol caliber. Oh and adding a little clearance on the bottom side of the mag well instead of bending in the stops.

http://home.swbell.net/graphicx/gunstuff/9mmx223.jpg
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:31:52 PM EST
btt to keep this from dropping off the bottom...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:44:25 PM EST
Who has the 80% receivers for uzi mags? I remember seeing them on ebay.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:18:54 PM EST
Try Shadetree Armory...

Rick
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:01:29 AM EST
yeah it was shade tree armory, thats where i got mine. it was a little pricey but the thing is you don't have to buy a conversion block.
Top Top