Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 11:39:14 AM EDT
So I'm using a patriot ordnance anti tilt buffer tube. When i tighten the castle nut down, i can only pull the bcg back about 2 inches. So basically when it starts entering the buffer tube the BCG seizes up to th point where i have to bang the buttstock to get it out.. If i loosen the castle nut completely it's smooth sailing. It's a battle arms light weight lower and upper geissele trigger v7 end plate and v7 castle nut. What is the cause of this and what part needs to be replaced ? Buffer tube? thanks for the input guys
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#1]
For the price of a new buffer tube, I would pick up a new milspec tube and nut.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it that bcg only that seizes up?
Have you ran this tube or those parts on any other guns?
Is the buffer tube rotating at all when you cinch up the castle nut?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
BCM
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It's that bcg that seizes the other fail zero is ok. All parts are new for a new build so nothing has been on another rifle
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't look like the tube turns at all, it's an anti rotational tube.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Bcm what ? I don't get it how does that help me ? Telling me to et a bcm carrier ? Great advice
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bcm what ? I don't get it how does that help me ? Telling me to et a bcm carrier ? Great advice
View Quote

Click it, it's a link to a BCM tube.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BCM
View Quote

That's a hot link for a bcm MILSPEC buffer tube.

Have you tried that bcg in a different rifle?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems like patriot ordnance is trying to fix a problem that doesnt exist, and causing new problems. OP i am sorry you bought into the snake oil they are selling, buy a milspec tube i bet your problems vanish.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]
dug one up i had laying around and smooth sailing. what's that old saying again? if its not what?... lol thanks for the help
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#11]
What exactly is different between the POF Anti-Tilt tube, and a standard tube? From the pictures it looks like there is zero difference apart from the extended tabs that go over the buffer retainer.

I agree with the snake oil comment. Trying to figure out what would prompt someone to spend nearly twice the money on this tube that it would cost for a standard tube.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't the anti-tilt buffer tube for piston systems?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  I have one on my current project (waiting on the damn PWS MOD 2 upper).

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a good point, and it's something I was wondering about.  I have a complete factory POF 415 (piston rifle) lower with that buffer tube design attached to a complete factory LWRC (piston rifle) upper.  They work like a charm together.  If I had a milspec DI AR15 upper, I'd use a standard milspec AR15 buffer tube and components.  Don't see much sense in using a component that I believe was primarily designed for a piston driven rifle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]
yea i made the mistake of ordering the anti tilt thinking it was better in general.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I have found the AR15 typically works best when the functioning parts are left more or less as Eugene intended.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#17]
when i bought it i honestly didn't realize it was that different. i didn't get how much that little lip would make such a huge difference.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have found the AR15 typically works best when the functioning parts are left more or less as Eugene intended.
View Quote

Yup 50 yrs give or take of trials.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
when i bought it i honestly didn't realize it was that different. i didn't get how much that little lip would make such a huge difference.
View Quote

What lip? Are you referring to the ears for the buffer retainer? If so, I don't think that's what the problem is.

I have tubes that aren't POF anti tilt tubes with those ears for the buffer retainer that don't have any problems at all. I'm wondering if unscrewing the whole tube one rotation further away from the buffer retainer will fix your problem. It's worth trying.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top