Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2003 6:30:31 AM EDT
Hello all and Merry Christmas!!

As a new member of this forum, I would appreciate it very much if some of you more knowledgeable on the following subject could chime in.  A few years ago, I purchased two Eagle Arms AR15's.  One was a HBAR type with removeable carrying handle and the other was a target grade with floating hanguard and 24" heavy barrel.  At purchase time, these rifles were fired just enough to sight in and function test (about 100 rds each).  Since that time, neither rifle has been fired.  I just recently sold the target model to someone with more money than brains, leaving me with the HBAR rifle. (Pause to catch breath!)  I would like to change to a carbine version of the AR.  Would it be simpler to buy another complete rifle or an upper carbine assembly?  Does Eagle still make a decent product or would anyone recommend another manufacturer?  If I just got another upper assembly, that would leave me an HBAR upper to deal with later.  What I am trying to do is wind up with two AR15 carbines that are easier to carry around.

Thanks      
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#1]
much less expensive and very easy just to buy a new upper. But if it a postban you can't have a collapsible stock.

The other downside is, if you buy a carbine upper,  later you will also want to buy another lower so you have only complete rifles! either way, the result will be the same.

Swapping complete uppers is very easy and takes about 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:04:27 AM EDT
[#2]
sinai:
I tend to build up lowers first then look for the next upper for it. Sooner or later most buy the lower to go with the extra upper, so if you want to end up with 2 carbines anyway might as well build and pick out the parts you want as opposed to a complete rifle. Unless of course you prefer not to build. As for the HBAR just pick out the carbine upper you want look for vendor links in the Industry Forum, Plenty of good sources there. After you get the carbine upper hold onto the HBAR for a while you may decide to have 3 AR's which is a good thing in my opinion.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top