Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2004 7:49:36 PM EDT
What sort of problems will I have mating these two together, and how do I remedy it?

-David.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi david, you just need the reverse offset pin, bushmaster sells them and you can find them at most gun shows from dealers that sell ar-15 parts.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hi david, you just need the reverse offset pin, bushmaster sells them and you can find them at most gun shows from dealers that sell ar-15 parts.

I suspect that you're thinking about the reverse situation; big hole lower and small hole upper, when you say that most dealers have them

Bushmaster does make a kit that will sleeve the upper hole to the smaller size, and that's almost the only game in town for the conversion.  It's not an offset pin, which used for the more common big hole lower/small hole upper conversion. There may be one or two other units out there, but the Bushie unit is the most available one that I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I suspect that you're thinking about the reverse situation; big hole lower and small hole upper, when you say that most dealers have them

Bushmaster does make a kit that will sleeve the upper hole to the smaller size, and that's almost the only game in town for the conversion.  It's not an offset pin, which used for the more common big hole lower/small hole upper conversion. There may be one or two other units out there, but the Bushie unit is the most available one that I'm aware of.

I have been in the same situation.  Bushmaster does sell a kit that will do the job but it is about $15.  DPMS has a kit that does the same thing and I think it was about $5.  I have both but never tried the Bushmaster since the DPMS solved the problem for me.  Also, DPMS has free shipping on internet orders.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top