Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:08:45 AM EDT
I bought a lower parts kit at a local dealer recently and installed it.  It came in a small sealed clear plastic bag with no markings other than $60.  I am very curious as to the maker of this parts kit, so any help identifying would be greatly appreciated!

Some stuff I noticed was that the hammer is notched, the grip screw and washer are stainless, the trigger is of a somewhat T shaped profile, and the bolt release looks crudely machined--is that typical?  Other than the bolt release, everything looks good and works.  (Although I dont yet have an upper so I cant be 100% sure.)

I was thinking Bushmaster, perhaps?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
is there any markings on the hammer? all of my bushmaster's have a circle B

what type of grip screw do you have? bushmaster uses the hex head

what is the trigger guard made of? bushmaster uses plastic while others are metal
did you ask the dealer what kind it was? they should know since they ordered it and if they tell you they dont its probably some crap company and they are selling it for more than its worth. how it usually works
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
is there any markings on the hammer? all of my bushmaster's have a circle B

what type of grip screw do you have? bushmaster uses the hex head

what is the trigger guard made of? bushmaster uses plastic while others are metal

did you ask the dealer what kind it was? they should know since they ordered it and if they tell you they dont its probably some crap company and they are selling it for more than its worth. how it usually works

There is a circle with a C or G or 6 or something similar.

Grip screw is flat.

Trigger guard is metal.

I didnt ask, but  he sells LMT and Bushmaster mostly so I figured that it was probably good.

Thanks for quick reply!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
So its not Bushmaster.  Could it be CMT or DPMS?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#4]
the bushmaster is easier to distinguish between the rest so thats why i use them mostly.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Post a picture.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top