Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2008 10:59:14 AM EDT
Hey guys i just purchased a Vltor MUR and i tried mating it with my POF lower, but the hole where the rear take down pin is supposed to go through is too big on the MUR and it gets jammed everytime i try to assemble the upper with the lower and it won't budge, do you guys have an ideas?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of variances in lowers, unfortunately.  That "shelf" can be high.  I have two MURs, one of which is very tight on my Stags, and loose on an LMT.

I'd talk to POF and see what they say.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok so good news bad news.... Good news is i figured out that it was the rear take down pin that was pertruding like 1/16 of an inch out and the shelf couldn't fit into the lower reciever, so i took the stock off and switched the position of the spring and detent so instead of the detent first, it's the spring first followed by the detend which gives the rear take down pin that 1/16 inch to move to the right which in turn allows the upper to be mated to the lower.. Ok so.. Bad News that upper is on there tight, and i mean tight i had to put a lot of effort to close the rear take down pin all the way, so if i have to break the rifle down it's gonna take me about 10-15 seconds longer than it normally would. As a result of this i have a few questions

1. being that the upper is very tight on the lower will that pose an issues later one?

2. being that the spring is first instead of the detend will that pose an issues?

Thank you-
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The detent should be against the takedown pin.

If the spring is too long, you can cut it. I know, heresy.

It's supposed to be tight. All my Vltor uppers are tight. Some need lots of persuasion to close.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top