Well what is the general consensus. Which one would you prefer on your weapon and why?
- Newer design (compare to L72)
- One piece solid design
- Built-in weaver mount
- Easy to adjust zero
- Waterproof to 30M
- Retail +- $500
- Older design (compare to OTAL)
- Laser diode gets burnt easily. Believe it or not, it happened to TWO brand new L72 that I have had. According to Surefire, they have fixed the problem since then.
- Need other parts to complete the setup
- Additional mount
- Tricky to adjust zero
- Waterproof (?)
- Retail $520 (Laser diode only) plus other parts
Now is your turn to decide.
Get the OTAL, no questions asked.
I've been researching firearms lasers and have looked into both the Surefire and Laser Devices Inc. models.
The one thing that I don't like about the LDI models is that the windage and elevation knobs are exposed. That makes me concerned that the laser could be knocked out of alignment. I've never seen and LDI laser in person so I don't how easily this could happen. I know their products are built well so maybe I'm off base on this.
Leaser Devices Inc. is very well known in Europe. Some major players like FN, HK, Sig and others have been using LDI on their firearms for a while already.
For some strange reasons, LDI is not that popular locally.
Not to get off subject, but does anyone have an opinion on the Lasers offered by FULTON ARMORY?
Seems like a good value in the right bw range.
Thanks in advance for your imput.