Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2015 11:03:11 PM EDT
Is it worth the extra $100 to get the complete lower? I have a broken lower already with all the parts I need to put on the new lower, I've just never done one. Also I don't have the tool for the buffer nut, if that's what it's called. I already have a magpul stock and grip so I don't need those off the complete lower, they would just be extra. I can't make a decision on which to get. I think the extra $100 might be worth my inexperienced time and some extra parts. Help please.

Complete: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/15072/category/4282/

Stripped: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/10445/category/4282/

I hope the links work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you trying to accomplish?  Do you already have a complete upper as well? Is it just your lower receiver that's busted?

If you have everything for the lower except the receiver, I  would just get that. A lower build is super easy, and an armorers tool is fairly cheap (also nice to have).

On the other hand, the complete lower is a good deal, and you would have spare parts to start another build!

Cleared that up for ya, huh?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
In your case, I think the complete lower from PSA is the best option.  Maybe you can sell your busted lower with all the parts to someone locally who can easily disassemble it for just the parts.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top