Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2013 1:59:14 AM EDT
I have a question regarding a brand new upper that I just purchased for a build I'm doing.

I purchased a brand new Armalite U15A4B complete upper, and as you can see in the picture, it has a 1/7 twist. I cannot find any info showing that Armalite sells these uppers in anything other than 1/9. The only upper with a 1/7 twist that I could see on their site was the SPR upper.

Has anybody else seen this, or know anything about it? I wanted a 1/7 barrel, which is why I purchased this specific upper.

I am just curious if this upper was one that was made for a LE contract possibly, since it is my understanding that Armalite will do 1/7 twist for agencies requesting that, or if they are finally offering 1/7 barrels now in their M15 lineup.

Here are a few pics of the new upper-

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:10:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Good call. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I was told we did some special uppers with the 1:7 twist barrel but it's not the normal offering which is why you won't see it on our website.

TR
View Quote

This was the reply from Armalite over on the Industry forum.

That is pretty cool. I picked this upper up for $525 brand new in the box, which was a good deal.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I would much rather have the 1/7 barrel. Congrats!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top