Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 4:17:06 AM EDT
I have assembled a POF 308 NP3 lower using a DPMS lower parts kit and Timney trigger  and have a couple of questions.

1. I have followed the directions in this regarding the bolt catch but it still will not hold the bold open. The assemble includes the use of the ambi parts plus the LPK parts but it still does not seem to work.

2. The ambi parts did not include the left sided mag release part. Is this an oversite or is this standard? The mag release works just fine from the right but there is no option for it to work on the left.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
i have the POF P-415 and but think i may be able to help you.

1.  if you mean that you can't hold the bolt back by pressing on ambi lever on the right side that is normal.  it is meant to release the bolt only.

2. the way i understand it is that only the complete rifles come with the ambi mag release.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No I am unable to make the bolt stay open. It will catch for a split second and then slam shut.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#3]
No suggestions?

Come on guys......

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Call POF...ask for Chris.  Have you inserted the sping and pins correctly?  Where in TX are you?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top