Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:48:18 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with the Leupold Mark 4?????  

My original thought was to buy an aimpoint or eotech and add a magnifier... for a cost of around $900-$1000.  This sight can be found for $280 $899.00, i saw it suggested on another thread.  Cost is a factor as well.   I don't really care about battery life too much, mainly concerned with, in order,

1) accuracy
2) durability
3) ease of operation

Thanks, any suggestions for other optics welcome.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a CQ/T and I like it, but it does sit awfully high! I'd like to know where you can find them for $280 though. It holds zero just fine and is well made, it is a Leupold after all.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy as many as u can at that price!! Excellent scope
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
crap... looked at the wrong price    Haha I was a little off... by about $600!!!!!  Irregardless, keep the opinions coming.  Still considering it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen some good deals on those on GunBroker.com lately. The one I had was an excellent scope.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
crap... looked at the wrong price    Haha I was a little off... by about $600!!!!!  Irregardless, keep the opinions coming.  Still considering it.

Not a word! "Regardless" is the word you're looking for.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The dot's too big, it makes shots at 200+ yards at small targets difficult, I would go with at least a 1x4 or 1.5x5.  
it's excellent glass and it's a mil spec leupy so of course it will take a beating. I've never used the illlm dot, so don't know how helpful that would be or if you would every need to use it either. For the money you might find something else more suitable.  I guess it depends on actually what your are wanting to use it for, Close quarters=great, longer distance=not so good.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top