Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 7:40:00 PM EDT
Hello, i need some help with aimpoint mounts.  I have posted this befor, but now i am ready to make a purchase.  Pics would be great too!

Anyway, i am going to get an Aimpoint M2.  It will be installed on a Colt Preban A2 carbine.  I want to mount it on top of the handle.  I also want to still be able to use my barrel sites aswell.  I already have an ARMS #2 mount.  

Some places to actually purchase these items would help aswell.  I have also been looking around in the Equipment Exchange forum too.

Thanks......
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you really want to mount it on the ARMS#2 get an ARMS #22M68.

A better (but more $) choice would be get a ARMS #51 SIR or #39 Gooseneck with a ARMS#22M68 - as it forward mounts the AImpoint over the handguards...

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You can save some money with the ARMS #16A Aimpoint ring that drops into the carry handle just like the #2 you have, same iron sight see thru.  Save or sell the #2 mount.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking around a bit.  

Seems likes there are a million different mounts for the crazy things.

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Just curious, why do you want to mount it on *TOP* of the carry handle? Why not out in front of it on a gooseneck mount like the ARMS #39A2?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to have a Leupold LG1 red dot.  It was mounted on top of the handle and i am used to it.  It felt comfortable to look through at that level.  I also like the look of it on top of the handle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
That's as good a reason as any... so long as you are aware of the disadvantages of mounting an optic like that so high over the bore from the get go, you'll love it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.  It felt really comfortable to me when i have the leupold.  Thats kinda why i want to still be able to use the ARMS #2 mount. Because of the height. Or even the ARMS #16A wich looks basically the same just shorter.  Hell, i even like the ARMS #22M68 as far as that goes.

I just cant make up my mind now!

Thanks for ALL the help guys.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top