Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2013 11:13:31 AM EDT
Looking for a 16 inch stainless steel barrel fluted barrel for 3 g I want to spend under 325 if possible. Please let me know where I get a good barrel at . The only one I found is at midway http://www.midwayusa.com/product/745849/ar-stoner-barrel-ar-15-223-remington-wylde-medium-contour-1-in-8-twist-16-fluted-stainless-steel
The 18 inched gets pretty good reviews. Let me know what you think. I will be shooting mostly at 100 yards or less
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilson Combat does fluted...when they're in stock anyway
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wilson Combat does fluted...when they're in stock anyway
View Quote

This.

But it took 11 months to get it with BCG.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What do they cost?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
$300 for the barrel and $250 for a np3 coated bcg although I was told they were no longer doing the BCG.  Just accommodating existing orders.

They make nice stuff, but you do have to wait.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Why fluted for 3 gun? I've been shooting 3 gun for year and I can count the fluted barrels I've seen on one hand.

You only hold and shoot the gun for a few seconds every stage and there is 20 minutes between stages. So you don't get tired and the heat is mostly gone by the next stage.

I have used 16" carbine and mostly 18" rifle. My next 3 gun AR will be a gov profile/ medium contour 13.7-14.5" mid length with a pinned and welded brake. You don't need the length for accuracy, if you have a good barrel. The shorter barrel is easier to wield.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not a 16", but I built a back-up 3-gun rifle a while back and used a Loki 18" double fluted stainless barrel:  Loki     and I have been very pleased with it.  Didn't need a fluted barrel, just wanted one.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top