Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2016 6:31:05 PM EDT
I stumbled across this website while looking at the Glock forum. Absolutely fell in love with the 9mm SBR in the photo. I know nothing about Pistol caliber ARs except that I want one now. Where to start?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

^^^^^Absolutely this!

I have a Colt 6450 and when I got it years ago, the PCC market was slim at best. I will say if you want a great running trouble free PCC right out of the box, you can't beat the Colt. If you want a very nice build, the QC10 is a very nice option. I'm on my first QC10 Glock lower 9mm build and just waiting on my stamp to come in to add the 7.5" barrel and handguard. I'll be doing another in 45 ACP very soon.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I chose a New Frontier Armory  complete lower with their modular bolt

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I chose a New Frontier Armory  complete lower with their modular bolt

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/001_zpsjf71gtpg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/001_zpsjf71gtpg.jpg</a>
View Quote

I have a Few Front lower on the way...I can't find any of their uppers though.  Is that a standard AR upper your using?  How does it work?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Scuds... yes a  Aero Precision standard upper and a barrel both from MAS defense...so far it has worked flawlessly, and just added a RRA match trigger....I did not need a last round bolt hold open...the complete lower was less than the stripped QC10 lower
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Scuds... yes a  Aero Precision standard upper and a barrel both from MAS defense...so far it has worked flawlessly, and just added a RRA match trigger....I did not need a last round bolt hold open...the complete lower was less than the stripped QC10 lower
View Quote

Awesome, I ordered my stripped lower from runnerrunner last night for $149.  It already shipped this morning Now I'm trying to locate and order the rest of the parts for the build haha.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I was pleasantly surprised that the NFA complete lower came with a B5 SOPMOD style stock, and the NFA bolt over travel plug included... they matched the spring, buffer with their modular bolt well.... works well with my 147 hand loads at 900 fps
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]
If you didnt buy one yet, id start with www.angstadtarms.com with their 0940 receiver set.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:24:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out runner runner guns, joeboboutfitters, 9mmar.com  I built mine using a NFA lower from runner runner, and a NFA side charging upper and NFA bolt, and KAK 8.5" barrel from jobbob.  and spikes 9T 8.5 oz buffer from 9mmar
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I stumbled across this website while looking at the Glock forum. Absolutely fell in love with the 9mm SBR in the photo. I know nothing about Pistol caliber ARs except that I want one now. Where to start?
View Quote

Start by reading all the existing threads showing builds, parts lists, and other info.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you going to build or buy outright?  

If you're going to build, start with your lower receiver.  Do you want to use a mag block in a 5.56 lower, or do you want to use a dedicated 9mm lower?  If you want a dedicated lower, do you want Glock or Colt-style mag compatibility?  

Next, what size barrel do you want to go with?  After you answer these questions, you can then start buying the parts you need to go with your build.

What I've been doing is watching the websites for sales or special deals on parts, and buying parts when they are on sale.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top