Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2012 11:20:25 AM EDT
Randomly came across these guys.  They have a comp, flash comp, and muzzle brake.  Anyone used these?  Thoughts?  They look promising....maybe a tad expensive.

http://griffinarmament.com/accessories/centerfire-muzzle/
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 3:27:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By derek58:
Randomly came across these guys.  They have a comp, flash comp, and muzzle brake.  Anyone used these?  Thoughts?  They look promising....maybe a tad expensive.

http://griffinarmament.com/accessories/centerfire-muzzle/

I have a M4SD II and like it quite a bit.  I use it on my RECCE and it helps reduce bounce when prone.  Allows me  to stay on target.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 9:00:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/28/2012 9:27:41 AM EDT by Green0]
There are several dealers that offer better pricing, and with some you can get free shipping, or combine it with an order you are already making.  

AR15.com dealers: Aim Surplus, SKD, ADCO firearms, and Weapon Outfitters offer them.

Muzzle Device Video
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 7:06:29 PM EDT
Griffin is good stuff for the price.  I don't know that I'd go with the brake/hider combo, but I think them and rainier are the best bang for the buck in beakes––behind PWS, then Surefire.  If you just want a flash suppressor, there are cheaper and better options––like a vortex.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:28:51 PM EDT
Looks like a good compromise between flash suppressor/compensator.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:28:37 AM EDT
I just got my M4 SD II a couple days ago. I mounted it yesterday and I am leaving for the range in about an hour. I have the Battlecomp 1.5 and wasn't to thrilled with it. The Griffin isn't as well known, but everything I read about it was positive. They were a pleasure to deal with, answered all my questions and shipped right away. If you want to talk to anyone at the shop I will provide the email address to the man that I spoke to. I will post back this evening as to my findings.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:53:44 AM EDT
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. Well I took my Spikes M4gery out for a run with the M4 SD II comp installed. Let me say that I tried the Battlecomp 1.5 and wasn't really impressed. I fired 300 rounds the other day at the range and the M4 SD II did just as I expected and wanted. Muzzle rise was not even present. I was able to fire multiple shots as fast as I could pull the trigger and I was amazed how easy it was to keep the muzzle in the same position for each shot. This meant the grouping was extremely tight. I left my cell phone at the house but I will be going back next week and will be sure to get some photos. I know the Battlecomp has a lot more users and is by far the most popular comp out there. There was a definite reduction in muzzle rise with the Battlecomp 1.5, just not as much as I was hoping for. The 1.5 was also quite a bit louder than the M4 SD II. All comps are going to be louder than a A2 Flash Hider, but the M4 SD II was the most quite and the lest amount of muzzle rise. Between the two I prefer the M4 SD II over the Battlecomp 1.5. As I said before, it isn't as widely used as the 1.5 but everything that I found praised the M4 SD II just as I am. Now I want to try the Spikes Dynacomp and I will report back as to how well it does compared to these two. I may soon have a 1.5 up for sale, but the M4 SD II is staying on that rifle!!! I hope this helps some of you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:01:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NCHornet:
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. Well I took my Spikes M4gery out for a run with the M4 SD II comp installed. Let me say that I tried the Battlecomp 1.5 and wasn't really impressed. I fired 300 rounds the other day at the range and the M4 SD II did just as I expected and wanted. Muzzle rise was not even present. I was able to fire multiple shots as fast as I could pull the trigger and I was amazed how easy it was to keep the muzzle in the same position for each shot. This meant the grouping was extremely tight. I left my cell phone at the house but I will be going back next week and will be sure to get some photos. I know the Battlecomp has a lot more users and is by far the most popular comp out there. There was a definite reduction in muzzle rise with the Battlecomp 1.5, just not as much as I was hoping for. The 1.5 was also quite a bit louder than the M4 SD II. All comps are going to be louder than a A2 Flash Hider, but the M4 SD II was the most quite and the lest amount of muzzle rise. Between the two I prefer the M4 SD II over the Battlecomp 1.5. As I said before, it isn't as widely used as the 1.5 but everything that I found praised the M4 SD II just as I am. Now I want to try the Spikes Dynacomp and I will report back as to how well it does compared to these two. I may soon have a 1.5 up for sale, but the M4 SD II is staying on that rifle!!! I hope this helps some of you.

In my experience the griffin is a slightly better comp than the spike's Dynacomp.  The Spike's is a little quieter but puts out more of a flame when shooting rapidly.  Now if you are talking about the Dynacomp Extreme (the longer version) that's a horse of a different color.  The Extreme does a slightly better job than the Giffin.  Only issue is the added length.  Works great on a 14.5" pinned.  I did try one out on a 16" and it was nice but just wasn't a fan of the added length.
Top Top