Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2003 5:38:43 AM EDT
Was thinking I might buy a night vision scope some time down the road. If the gun does not have a flash hider will the muzzel flash have a blinding effect on the night vision? Kind of like what you get from a camera flash or a Surefire light.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a first generation night vision rifle scope that has a built-in circut that reduces flash signature. The recovery from each shot is very quick and since it's a 4x scope it looks past much of the flash.

Second and Third generation equipment is much better.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#2]
What brand and model do you have. I am looking to buy a gen 1, unless I come across a real good deal on a gen. 2 or 3. So would a flash hider help or not?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can afford night vision you can afford a suppressor.  Some people just use low flash powders in bolt guns that are unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO all AR s should have an effective Flash
supressor to keep your pos as low key a possible.

Vortex or Phantoms work well.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top