Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2007 5:25:52 PM EDT
I would liket to order a Stag OL upper & lower CA legal configuration.  I would also like to be able to switch out the AR 15 model 4 upper with an AR 10 upper so I can change and shoot .308 and/or .223 is this possible?  or do I need two different rifles.  

In CA I need a Fixed stock, monsterman grip and muzzle break to enable use of my pre ban 20 and 30 round magazines.  I'm doing this because I will not have a Top loading AR.  I'm willing to give up folding stock, pistol grip & falsh supressor for teh detachible magazine.  I have parts, (pistol grip, folding stock) to reconfigure to nasty black should laws change, until then I'll settle for teh configuration I mentioned above.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Can you mix an AR15 lower with an AR10 upper?

No, it is not possible. You will need seperate uppers and lowers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
nope can't mix and match between the AR10 and AR15. They are very different in size.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
OK.

thanks

So Next question...What would a CA legeal .30 AR 10 look like?  am I just better off with my M1A and gettig a SOCOMII or SOCOM 16?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
OK.

thanks

So Next question...What would a CA legeal .30 AR 10 look like?  am I just better off with my M1A and gettig a SOCOMII or SOCOM 16?

New lowers from Fulton Armory use DPMS uppers.  I believe the monsterman grip will work just as well on one of those lowers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure!  Do you have a drill and some duct tape?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
OK.

thanks

So Next question...What would a CA legeal .30 AR 10 look like?

Like shit...get another m1a
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.

Another M1A it is.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top