Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 8:38:38 PM EDT
I plan to reload some of the Ammo for my AR. It is a Bushmaster with an M4 config barrel with a 1:7 twist.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, what will the round be used for?

For me I will stick with buying factory stuff. The IMI M855 is my favorite. Coming in second would be the Q3131A
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:12:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well, what will the round be used for?

For me I will stick with buying factory stuff. The IMI M855 is my favorite. Coming in second would be the Q3131A
View Quote

Actually the loads would be for whatever they are best suited. I enjoy reloading about as much as shooting. It adds to the whole experiance for me.

I have found any gun can do better with reloads. For general shooting I feel the Lake City xm193  I have is good. But I can't help but think a reload with a heavier longer bullet would tighten my groups up some.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
If you like reloading, try out Hornady's 75 grain BTHP bullets.  They work great in fast-twist barrels, and can be loaded to mag length.

They work good in conjunction with Varget, and they have excellant external and terminal ballistics.

Try 'em out!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you like reloading, try out Hornady's 75 grain BTHP bullets.  They work great in fast-twist barrels, and can be loaded to mag length.

They work good in conjunction with Varget, and they have excellant external and terminal ballistics.

Try 'em out!
View Quote

Thanks Torf,
             I will indead try them. I already have Varget so I won't need a different powder in my inventory. Do you have a pet load with that combo I could try?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a personnal load, but try the reloading forum.

I tried to get these to work in my 1:9" Bushmaster, but the twist rate was a bit slow.

The best results I got weren't very good, but Magnum or benchrest primers worked better than standard ones, and 24 grains was about as hot as I would go.

I believe the best loads use 23.5 grains...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top