Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2009 3:36:36 PM EDT
I just built my new SPR.  The barrel is of course the standard 18.5" 1:7 twist stainless douglas barrel.  I know the Black Hills 77 Gr is the best to shoot, but does anyone have any experience with 77gr Fiocchi Ammo.  I have 0 access to Black Hills and I have the opportunity to pick up some Fiocchi 77 Gr locally, but I am sure it will go fast and I dont have the time or good weather to test the few boxes I have.  Any input on this ammo in particular comparred to the Black Hills will be a Great help....Should I stock up now or just wait for the black hills?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven;t had any experience with Fiocchi but If you want to shoot it now I'd get whatever 77 gr. you can. I luckily stocked up on BH the last two years and have about 2300 rounds of 77gr SMK and 3000 rounds of blue box 75 gr. but I can't find BH rounds ANYWHERE now! Even Fulton Armory, which is a pretty reliable BH supplier didn't know when they would have any back in stock. Wilson combat has advertised BH 68 gr. as available on their website. You might grab some Prvi Partisan 75 gr,match if Wideners gets it back in, its damned good match ammo for the price.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
this fiocchi is a $1/rnd so it is by no means a value....but if I cant get anything else maybe i have to bit the bullet on this one.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I figured it would be. BH Red box 77 gr. SMK was going for $880 K at Fulton. The Prvi  75 gr.is a great deal at $429K when they have it. I've seen some Hornady 75 gr, around for about a dollar a round.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The Privi is very good. I have used the 69gr match and 75gr match in my SPR (douglas barrel). Best value if you can find it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Privi is very good. I have used the 69gr match and 75gr match in my SPR (douglas barrel). Best value if you can find it.

Glad I picked up 2K of the Prvi 75gr a couple of months ago!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
well in looking i cant seem to locate any prvi 75gr.....what is the consensus....should I buy more or just wait for more black hills or prvi.....keep in mind my current stock of heavy .223 is limited to only 200 rnds, Id like to have at least 1,000 + rnds just in case.....should i hold out or just buy this stuff.  I dont want to buy if it is no good, but like I said I just got into this SPR game so I do not know what the availability of this ammo is.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top