Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2015 10:40:26 PM EDT
which Aero mount do I need for a 3-9 vx-r.Looks like maybe the standard will work.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest getting the extended at least.  It really depends on the scope.  

On a Nikon 2-7 the extended worked great but with a Primary Arms 1-4 the scope was so long I needed the spr.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is what a Leupold 3-9x40 VX-R Patrol looks like in a LaRue LT-104 in the front most slots on an AR15 upper.  I don't know how this cantilever offset or ring spacing compares to the Aero Precision mount you are considering.  Maybe this will help.  I did not need LaRue's extended mount, but might have were I shooting nose to charge handle.  I don't, and this offset and spacing works fine.  There is still a good bit of room to move the scope forward another inch and a half or so.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Ended up with the standard mount.  It worked great.  I don't shoot ntch, but  it could still be mounted another 1" forward if need be.  I will say that it was a pain like others have say about the scope rotating in mount as it is tightened.  I like the mount- solid and light.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Well done.  Nice looking rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top