Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 8:53:25 PM EDT
Tried to scrub it off with some cleaner/degreaser (slip 2000) and a nylon brush, but it didn't really do much.  What do you guys reccomend I do?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself some Blue Wonder or MPro 7, 000 & 0000 steel wool, and a bronze bristle toothbrush.  That will get it off.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Get yourself some Blue Wonder or MPro 7, 000 & 0000 steel wool, and a bronze bristle toothbrush.  That will get it off.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#4]
oil and a bronze brush.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#5]
With small rust spots, I think a rag and CLP and elbo-grease are the way to go. It will take a minute, but you won't remove anything but rust.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
With small rust spots, I think a rag and CLP and elbo-grease are the way to go. It will take a minute, but you won't remove anything but rust.

You need something to get down into the pores of the metal and the park. A nylon brush can do this without removing anything but the rust.

I had a small spot of stubborn rust spot on my carbines barrel. Wipe downs with CLP and a rag didn’t cut it. The rust kept resurfacing. It took a bronze bristle GI tooth brush to get down into the surface of the metal to lift the corrosion from the pores.

Looks like I'm gonna need a BRONZE brush, because the Mil-Comm cleaner/degreaser and nylon GI brush didn't completely take off the rust.  It made it less noticeable, but the spots are still there.  

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top