Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:58:34 AM EDT
Hello fellow members.. i'm from California and i just purchased my first Lower receiver for the AR15 and i guess i waited too long to start because EVERYTHING is back ordered.  I'm thinking of just building my own upper because all of the uppers online are so damn expensive or they're just sold out and back ordered.  Is there any AR15 gurus' in here that can give me some insight before i start this project? DO's and DONT's?  I can't find anything online so i might just purchase some stuff used on this site.  Any advice can help me out.  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the board man.If you are looking for used parts try the EE at the top of the page.You can also find new parts there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
There is stuff online still

Check Ebay, amazon, And the sticked threads at the top of this sub-forum.

I found a Fire control group and grips for 60$ online and also found a buffer tube and 6 pos stock stock online for 35$
If you're looking in the right places you can find a whole rifle for under 600$ (brand new parts)
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did you find the buffer tube & stock for $35
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing if he found a receiver extension and stock for $35 it's airsoft crap. UTG maybe as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/build-kits/moe-lower-build-kit.html
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
aeroprecisionusa has stripped uppers and palmetto stake has upper reciver parts kits and a barrel. ee for a bcg
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Before you do anything, familiarize yourself with California's laws.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hello fellow members.. i'm from California and i just purchased my first Lower receiver for the AR15 and i guess i waited too long to start because EVERYTHING is back ordered.  I'm thinking of just building my own upper because all of the uppers online are so damn expensive or they're just sold out and back ordered.  Is there any AR15 gurus' in here that can give me some insight before i start this project? DO's and DONT's?  I can't find anything online so i might just purchase some stuff used on this site.  Any advice can help me out.  Thanks all.

If you have the lower receiver, you are probably safe from a new AW ban of the kind enacted 20 years ago.  Be patient and the supply of parts will ease a bit once the gun haters calm down a bit.  My advice is to read carefully the sticky here about how to assemble all the parts.  That will help familiarize you with the few simple tools required and the various alternatives for parts.  Buying parts in a hurry, based on an incomplete understanding of what your own preferences are, is an expensive way to approach your first build.  Ask me how I know.  Assembling the lower is the hard part, with the little roll pins and all.  Assembling the upper is a breeze in comparison.  No need to pay big bucks for someone else's tastes and handiwork. - CW

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top