It's a DISEASE!!!

One Del-Ton stripped lower
One Spike's stripped (blem) upper
One RRA pistol buffer tube
Misc. bits and pieces.

One PISSED OFF WIFE!

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh.  If Wife 1.0 uninstalls herself over an AR pistol, she wasn't going to stick around anyway.  If she upgrades to 2.0, then she's a keeper.

You ARE building HER pistol, right?

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Meh.  If Wife 1.0 uninstalls herself over an AR pistol, she wasn't going to stick around anyway.  If she upgrades to 2.0, then she's a keeper.

You ARE building HER pistol, right?

Gig 'em,

backbencher

It's been 37 years so far, so I suspect she'll stay around for a while.  However, there are days when she wants to uninstall my pistol.  She's not anti-gun, just anti-arsenal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if you would limit yourself to uppers, and a pistol lower that sometimes you throw a 16"+ bbl & a stock on, you could honestly claim to her that you have only 1 AR - the way the BATFE counts, anyway... : )

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, if you would limit yourself to uppers, and a pistol lower that sometimes you throw a 16"+ bbl & a stock on, you could honestly claim to her that you have only 1 AR - the way the BATFE counts, anyway... : )

Gig 'em,

backbencher

That's where I'm headed, but I had already built rifles on my other lowers, so I had to do one more as a pistol first.  I have two other uppers planned.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, it's getting close.  I need a BCG and hand guard.  I've used the Spike's BCG before and like it, so I'll probably do that again.  I have no idea what hand guard to use.  Suggestions, please.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#6]
So how do you like that Del-Ton lower?  I bought one at a gun show, great price, and I'm very pleased with mine.  Not quite finished with the assembly yet, waiting on parts, but the finish and fit to a PSA 20" upper is fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So how do you like that Del-Ton lower?  I bought one at a gun show, great price, and I'm very pleased with mine.  Not quite finished with the assembly yet, waiting on parts, but the finish and fit to a PSA 20" upper is fantastic.

I like it just fine.  The finish seems just a bit smoother than the PSA and BCM lowers I've used before.  Agreed on the fit to a PSA upper –– that's what mine is also.  A local gun shop has Del-Ton stripped lowers for $100.00 +tax, so there's probably another one in my near future.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, I did get a deal.  I got mine for $84.00 OTD.

BTW, nice rifle.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow, I did get a deal.  I got mine for $84.00 OTD.

BTW, nice rifle.

Yeah, you did.  My last one was $104 and I thought that was good.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]
FINALLY DONE!!!   Don't even start on me about the BSA sight –– it's not permanent.

After waiting three weeks for Ranger sales to get back to me about the handguard I ordered, I gave up and ordered a Rock River.  Four days later I had it.

Now there's a 300 BLK in progress.

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#11]
so if you build with a buffer tube that is ment to have a colapsible stock on it but don't put the stock on yet is it a pistol or do you have to use an actual pistol tube?
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#12]
If you build it with a pistol tube it is a pistol.  MInuite you put a stock of any kind on it it becomes a SBR and NFA paperwork needs to be filed
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you build it with a pistol tube it is a pistol.  MInuite you put a stock of any kind on it it becomes a SBR and NFA paperwork needs to be filed

This one has a 16" barrel on it, so no issue either way.  It's either a long-barrel pistol or a legal rifle.  There was a LONG discussion in another thread about what constitutes "designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder" , therefore making it a rifle.  Could I make the argument right now that it's a pistol?  Maybe, but it's not worth it especially since the tube is clearly designed to have a stock attached.  This one IS a rifle and will have a collapsible stock as soon as I pick one.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top