Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/6/2010 10:38:59 AM EDT
I have the "stock" stock on my rifle, but would like to upgrade to a stock with a friction lock and better cheek weld. My rifle has the commercial buffer tube and I would like to just change out the stock itself. Any recommendations? Are my options limited with the commercial buffer tube to the point where I am going to have to switch to a mil spec buffer tube?? Any help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2010 6:01:40 PM EDT by Mccray]
The magpul CTR stock had some movement even when locked on my Bushmaster M4. I suspect the Bushmaster commercial extention is a tad out of spec. FWIW

It is still an excellent stock and is alot tighter than the standard
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:18:17 AM EDT
Welcome to the forum! I absolutely love the CTR stock as an M4 replacement and it can be had for the commercial receiver extensions.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:40:01 AM EDT
Would you guys think it is worth the cash to put on a mil-spec buffer tube or just deal with the looseness? (obviously a personal preference question)
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:14:22 AM EDT
I swapped my commercial buffer tube in my BM with a DSA one from PalmettoStateArmory and threw on a Magpul ACS stock. I like how the mil-spec tube gives me more options for using different stocks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:54:18 AM EDT
I've changed out all commercial extensions with mil-spec extensions as well. Not expensive or tough to do and you have so many more stock options.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:15:09 AM EDT
about how much for the mil-spec? I have the tools...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:50:07 AM EDT
I've seen mil-spec extensions on the EE frequently around $25. The extension alone at Bravo Company is $37.
Top Top