Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2014 10:03:32 AM EDT
I am in the market for some buis for the SPR.  I had thought I would always go with the KAC flip ups, but then I realized I don't need them to fold.  

So I was thinking, there has got to be some quality fixed 45 degree buis for cheaper.   Options? I checked online but there seems to be a lot of cheap ones I'm not sure I can trust.

I tried this in the optics section....got nothing. So I figured I'd give it a go here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#1]
SureFire sells the Dueck ones, check them out.

Or, you have 45-degree offset RDS options, which you probably already know about.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the GG&G ones, they're affordable and look like they would do the job well, though I've never used them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
xs sights xti sights. Big dots would be my preference.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I just picked up a pair of these to try.  Mounted them but haven't shot yet... so far, they seem to be fast and will probably be precise enough out to 50 meters or so which is what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I just picked up a pair of these to try.  Mounted them but haven't shot yet... so far, they seem to be fast and will probably be precise enough out to 50 meters or so which is what I'm looking for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup I love me some Big dots. Not everyone likes them but they do everything I need.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yup I love me some Big dots. Not everyone likes them but they do everything I need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is all four of their off set sights. It's at the bottom of the two rows. They have the standard dot and the big dot. Also the ones that are thirty dollars extra on their site have the tritium in the back. I prefer this. If you order direct from their site it may be more expensive than going off of a retailer. Also they show back ordered on their site so it may be better if you want them soon to buy them off of a retailer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For practicality sake, I think the big dot is where it's at.  For 45° offset, you're only going to be running them at close range... So contact distance out to 25 meters or so.  For that kind of shooting, I want speed over fine precision so it's perfect.  If I need more precision, I'll go to my ACOG.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#10]
fail safe sights

These work as replacement 0-300's the transition sights serve two purposes speed and a backup if the optical sights are fogged, off, broken, or colluded with rain or snow.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a pair off of Amazon for like $25.  Regardless what people think of the price, they have held zero and been overall great so far.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought a pair off of Amazon for like $25.  Regardless what people think of the price, they have held zero and been overall great so far.
View Quote

I have the dueck ones for $250 and the $25 amazon ones.  The amazon ones for all i can tell are identical in everyway so far.  I had the amazon ones for 3 months.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#13]
$20 bucks with 1k reviews at a 4.5 star rating.

It cant hurt to try, but I still would not trust them on a personal defense gun.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I run an ACOG and an Aimpoint Micro in a Larue LT-724 mount. Love it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:38:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I run an ACOG and an Aimpoint Micro in a Larue LT-724 mount. Love it.
View Quote

Hmm..Im thinking of getting a Micro/LT724 combo to run with a Trijicon 3-9 Accupoint. Saving money...is yours mounted on the top rail or side?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine is mounted just like this Larue pic:

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

It cant hurt to try, but I still would not trust them on a personal defense gun.

I have these folding ones. Seem solid enough for back-ups.

http://www.amazon.com/Front-Degree-Rapid-Transition-Backup/dp/B007D3OBHK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407090035&sr=8-2&keywords=ar15+offset+sights+folding

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did the same. The adjustment knob on the rear site doesn't always click, but it moves appropriately. I find them acceptable for a backup, they seem better quality than the BUIS the Army issues.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the ACOG + offset T1 in the Larue mount.  Personally, I think it is the best setup a person could have.  Offset irons do not work as well in low light and they are slower than an offset T1.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I have the KAC 0-300y 45 degree offset  on my rifle ... I have only sighted them in... but they work .

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://www.amazon.com/Front-Degree-Rapid-Transition-Backup/dp/B006X9DLQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407051603&sr=8-1&keywords=ar15+offset+sights

View Quote

I'm going to give this set a try.  Can't go wrong vs paying $200 plus for the top brands.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm going to give this set a try.  Can't go wrong vs paying $200 plus for the top brands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.amazon.com/Front-Degree-Rapid-Transition-Backup/dp/B006X9DLQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407051603&sr=8-1&keywords=ar15+offset+sights

Those are the exact sites I bought. My only complaint is they don't fold.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I have the same set as well and agree with Rooster, it would be nice if they folded.  Dirt cheap and they work.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top