Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:11:47 PM EDT
Hi All --

I'm in the process of converting my BCM M16A4 clone into an M4-ish clone, and am wondering about anyone's experience with the KAC Micro 200-600m flip-up rear sight when paired with the standard M4 A2 front sight? Is is compatible with the A2 sight (versus other flip-up front sights) and how well has it worked for you, if this is your configuration?

I'm intrigued by the availability of both windage and elevation adjustment offered by the KAC sight, and thought it might be a decent buy.

Any thoughts, suggestions or alternative recommendations are always welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Tex
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Remember that all the 200/600 KAC sights that are marked USMC are stolen government property. Details in the KAC forum.

The numerous shops in NC selling these sights seem to think otherwise...

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#3]
As is a Amazon dealer... found that out the hard way... Bleh...

It's on a former-Marines rifle now at least.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The KAC sight works fine with the fixed FSB.

Remember that all the 200/600 KAC sights that are marked USMC are stolen government property. Details in the KAC forum.

Interesting...and thanks for the heads up...I had no earthly idea that was the case....that being said, it seems that KAC is selling them directly on its website here: http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=44

But, in reading the KAC forum, it seems the KAC rep said they're only producing them under contract for the DoD...why offer them on their website then?

Just want to be sure I don't drop cash on a piece of stolen USG property...any further insight certainly appreciated!!

Tex
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The KAC sight works fine with the fixed FSB.

Interesting...and thanks for the heads up...I had no earthly idea that was the case....that being said, it seems that KAC is selling them directly on its website here: http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=44

But, in reading the KAC forum, it seems the KAC rep said they're only producing them under contract for the DoD...why offer them on their website then?

Just want to be sure I don't drop cash on a piece of stolen USG property...any further insight certainly appreciated!!

Tex

Those are the commercial version, not marked USMC.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]
hmm, I've been looking at these for a while:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=kac+sight&_frs=1

Are they authentic KAC sights?
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, I have to ask... and I mean this with all respect to KAC, but...

What is going on with all the USMC sights I see for sale EVERYWHERE.

Several from several different sellers on Ebay, the same with Amazon, Gunbroker, various smalltime online retailers... and they are all NIB.

So... what... did somebody like steal a jumbo jet or cargo container full of these rear sights, all of them unused brand new in the factory wrappers, and sell them to a bunch of different online retailers?

Call me Ishmael but I find it reeeeeeeally hard to believe every single one of these sights is stolen government property. If they are then we are talking about quite the heist here and no one seems to be following up on it.

I'm more inclined to believe all these sights are either A) Contract overruns that were legally sold into the secondary market by the government or B) Chinese knock offs.

I just cannot picture this many new in the wrapper sights being simultaneously stolen and listed for sale all over the USA with no one shutting them down.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 6:11:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#9]
no longer tech
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top